Equipment for Hide Processing & Tanning
We provide a suite of field service, repairs, rebuilds, maintenance & technical support services for hide processing and tanning equipment. Exeter also has a full-service machine shop equipped with CNC machining, turning & milling.
Field Service – Inspection, Repair and Rebuilds
Exeter Machine carries a large inventory of replacement parts in stock available for immediate shipment.
Our service technicians are available to help you over the phone or on-site to conduct inspections or for repair and rebuild services.
Cylinder/Roll Repair & Reblading
- Steam clean cylinder
- Remove bearings
- Overall clean and check
- Strip blades
- Check grooves
- Check all diameters for size and runout
If journals are not within tolerance, they will be repaired or replaced.
We service blade cylinders with Hardy mono-metallic blades, grind blades, assemble and install bearings, and dynamically balance cylinders.
Roll repair: Steam clean roll and check all diameters for size and runout. If journals are not within tolerance, they will be repaired or replaced before the roll is recovered
Full Machine Shop
Exeter Machine Co, Inc. is a full-service machine shop with capabilities in CNC and Manual operations – both turning and milling. We are committed to providing what our customers need from production to repair, with quality and on time performance. Our team is regularly sourced to assist industrial and commercial manufacturers with their expertise throughout the job process.
Capabilities & Competencies
- Multi-Axis CNC Milling
- Multi-Axis CNC Turning
- Large Weldment Machining
- Deep Hole Boring
- Large Cylindrical Grinding
- Internal and External Keyways
- Mild and Stainless steels, Aluminum, Alloys, Castings, and Plastics
- Length capacity based on sizes and weights
- Fixture design, manufacturing, and assembly
- Prototype machining and collaborative development
- Low (1 to 100) quantities with part features and requirements ranging from simple to complex
- Focus on quality with in-process operator inspection and Subject Matter Expert verification
- 4 Axis CNC Milling: 65” x 24” x 24”
- Multi-axis CNC Lathe: Up to 18” diameter and 72” between centers
- Horizontal Machining Center 106”L x 42”W x 65”H
- 2 Manual Lathes: up to 32” diameter and 180” long
- Vertical Turret Lathe: Up to 48” diameter and 27” height
- Surface Grinder: 24” x 8”
Interested in Learning More about Exeter’s Repair, Rebuild or Maintenance Services?